Friday, July 22, 2011

Bakery Sunday: Round Three

 Peach, Strawberry, Poblano Pies

 Peach, Strawberry, Poblano Pie (up-close)

 Sugared Brioche

Empanadas!!

It was a great Sunday (I do realize that today is Friday - it took me a few days to recover).  I wasn't able to get any sleep Saturday night, so I was more grumpy than usual.  I ended up going home around 6am to take a nap and missed all of the customers and rattletrap.  I did make it to the High Museum of Art later that afternoon though!  

The peach, strawberry, poblano pies were a big hit.  The Constant Gobbler, a food blogger here in ATL, said the following on SCR's facebook wall:  

"Taria, today is an enlightening day. I tried the peach-strawberry-poblano pepper pie. This is the type of food that makes my mouth happy, but then makes my brain hurt. The pepper was just as you said, the strawberry bridged the flavor perfectly to the sweet peach and buttery crust. It is a thinking man's dish. I have been trying to figure out how to explain the flavor composition, but I can not put it into words. This brings me both joy and fear. There are not many of thinking people in this world and I fear that most will not accept this type of food and your talents will disappear. I am so torn between what is happening now and what could be the future."



Another SCR fan said:  


"The peach | strawberry | poblano pepper pie is a revelation. It makes me want to cuss, it's so good."


Be sad that you missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment