Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Ted keeps telling me that I need to post more.  His internet up in Appalachia is unreliable, but according to him every time he can get online he checks here first!  I've sorely disappointed him for the past few weeks. I'm going to attempt to make up for the lack of posts over the next few weeks - hopefully.

This past weeks was a slow one.  I had two days of tempering failure - perhaps due to the excessive heat and humidity, or maybe just me.  Then had two days of tempering success - sigh of relief - I was afraid that I had lost my tempering Mojo.

Making patê de fruit is a test of endurance.  It requires constant vigorous stirring as the boiling juices become thicker and thicker - along with the pot spitting vicious hot blood orange.
It turned out beautifully - definitely worth it.

Bakery Sunday starts at 1am.  I'll grab some pictures.  I'm in charge of the peach-rhubarb pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment