Sunday, July 10, 2011

Freak Out



I'm beginning to realize how quickly this summer is moving.  I am only going to be in Atlanta for another three and a half weeks.  THREEANDAHALFWEEKS!  While I'm really looking forward to being back in Raleigh - meeting up with friends, moving into my swank new apartment, starting classes, and all that jazz - I'm really going to miss it here.

You've probably noticed that I haven't been posting as regularly.  Part of this is because I'm running around Atlanta being cool (not really) and because I'm not so much learning how to make new things all of the time, but instead practicing and working on making them better.  I suppose I could change my job title from bumbling intern to just intern.

This past week I made a few ganaches, worked on making bars, helped set-up the facebook store (you can buy chocolate from us from anywhere in the world!), and did a lot of enrobing.  I missed this Bakery Sunday's bake-a-thon due to a very angry stomach and instead took a nap on my bathroom floor.

Feeling a little better today - can't wait to get back to the shop!

Oh, and those little ganache hearts - those are really hearts from hell.  notsomuchfun.

2 comments:

  1. Love it when you are able to post! You've offered a great glimpse into the inner workings of SCR, showing it's not all just fun and candy and lollipops. It's hard work to make stuff that good! The little hearts look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I'll try and post more often these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete